Foreign Exchange Law Matters
- Advising clients on and ensuring compliance with the provisions of the Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999 (FEMA) including certification works.
- Counsel on the policies of the Government of India on foreign direct investment (FDI).
- Preparation of documentation and obtaining approvals from the Reserve Bank of India for the allotment/ transfer of shares to foreign citizens and foreign companies, establishment/ winding-up /extension of and various other matters pertaining to the operation of Liaison/ Branch/ Project Offices of foreign companies operating in India.
- Obtaining approvals from the Reserve Bank of India with regard to various transactions involving foreign exchange like stock option plans, technology transfer agreements, EPC contracts, legal service agreements, acquisition of foreign companies, foreign currency loans, suppliers credits etc.
- Drafting of applications for and obtaining approvals of foreign investment proposals in various sectors of economy from the Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB), amendment and extension of FIPB approvals, etc.